Kelli is a graduate of Pine View School.
* Did your intern duties turn out to be as you expected and in what ways were they different from expected?
They were even more than I expected. When I first volunteered I had no idea I'd be lucky enough to write and host my own show; I figured I'd be sorting papers!
* What has been good/enjoyable/satisfying for you in your time with us?
Everything! Learning about science as well as the filming and editing processes.
* What has been frustrating/difficult/upsetting to you in your time with us?
Sometimes information I really wanted to include in a script was cut, but I can see why it was necessary to condense.
* What project was your favorite and why?
Popcorn/soda, for all the filming I got to do for it and for the fact that it was my first episode.
* What could you have done better or more for us had we given you the opportunity?
I would have been happy to write longer scripts that stretched outside of the studio, or even included experiments (the television show "Zoom" comes to mind). I think SBMWS would
have made a great full-length show as well.
* What training and development did you find most helpful and enjoyable?
Most helpful: reading from a teleprompter. Most enjoyable: researching topics and writing them to be accessible to all audiences.
* Did you receive sufficient feedback about your performance?
Yes, Kim was very descriptive in how I could make my scripts tighter and when to beef up the science.
* In what ways did this company help you to fulfill your career goals?
Not only do I have television experience to put on my resume, I'm now more familiar with how filming in a studio works, which will be helpful when I try to pursue acting.
* What would you say to other potential interns regarding your experience with The Education Channel?
Thank you so much for this wonderful experience. It was great maturing with this constant in my life and getting my first taste of filming in a studio, not to mention all I learned about science and speaking clearly and slowly. I am forever grateful for all you've done for me!